Wednesday, April 14, 2010

MIT cafe - 2008

Right now, I’m craving for this bagel. Sungguh mengada tapi ada akak kesah? Hahahahha

Last few years (wah, few years gitu), colleagues lepak very very close to my cubicle and I can’t help but listening to them. Oh how they miss u.s so much (apparently both studied there), the winter, the marts, coke, travelling and foods. Foods lead to pizzas, doughnuts and bagel. Yes bagel!. Bagel this, bagel that. Bagel what??. Frankly, I was STRESS. I can’t join the conversation because everybody knows I’m a product of a local uni. I never taste that stopid bagel in my life, and sadly at that year I’ve never been to u.s yet. I felt so small and at that very moment suddenly I lost the taste of seafood kola perghlis, joe cendol pulut, laksa psm changlun and moi d9. Lost it. Plain. Nothing.

Hmmpphh. What that makes me? Lupa diri? I don’t know. It’s heartbreaking when you try to look back your life and admit your mistakes, letting go the opportunity you have. But we must bersyukur don’t we? I promise myself, I will have whatever they had, in my own way. I might not be studying in u.s but that won’t stops me to taste my very first bagel in u.s, at the famous MIT some more. In that special morning, I took tube from Boston business district to MIT, straight to the café, get in line among students carrying backpack, notebook, ipod and felt equal. Sungguh bongkak. Indeed, it was delicious. Read: satisfied.
Well, I forgive those lucky oversea graduates (OG) who made my life miserable last time. Perasaan yg miserable. After all perasaan itu motivates me a lot. If I can feel equal among those MIT students, I felt nothing among them (OG). Hah! Bongkak lagi.
Till then, have a wonderful weekend ya'all! Keluarga En Anwar will off to Kuching 2moro. Another obligatory bday trip.. hah!

2 comments:

azura ahmad samsudin said...

DD, baru dalam minggu nie incik shams cakap pasal bagel nie. He found out yang bagel nie makanan set2 kosher. Aku mmg dah tahu, tu yang agak lama dah tak beli and makan. Tapi mmg sedap makan dengan cream cheese and smoked salmon. btw, kat lrt klcc tu kan ada kedai jual bagel nie.

ikan said...

hehhe ye Aju, mmg ada jual disitu tapi sudah lama juga aku tidak ke sana... ntah2 dah tutup... harap2 tidak.. and now coffee bean dan seangkatannya pun dah start jual..

tidak ku tahu sejarah bagel ni... tq for the info...

kim salam mak hang.. sure best dia lepak rumah hang.. chenta tgk kat google map...hahahha korang kena intai..