Monday, September 24, 2007

Zuki

Tetiba teringat kat Zuki. I always think of Zuki as my childhood friend but the truth is he is not. He was my classmate during 2 glorious years of matriculation sampai habis degree. Despite our differences, I adore him. He was not into sport at all, not into adventures the way I did, not lepaking or merambu sana sini, not selekeh, not kepoh, not menyakat and what not. But what makes us click?

I can still vividly remember the first time we met. class of 1.11, 1993. He was small compared to the other boys, even smaller than Addie and Mud. Modestly dressed, unlike Bad yang segak bergaya dengan jam Tag nya!. But the main reason you can’t hardly unnoticed him was his very very thick glasses! Macam b*nt*t botol! I’ve never seen such a thick and heavy (I think it was heavy) glasses!. His eyes seemed so small and sepet behind those glasses. Sure nerd mamat ni was my first impression.

Me and my mulut jahat: Kalau kau tak pakai spec tu cam mana?

Zuki : Tak nampak, nampak bayang saja.

Me : Waaa that bad huh?

*sambil dlm hati rasa nak pinjam and test camna rasanya pakai spec cam tu*

But I think those glasses made him special, made me want to know him more. Throughout our friendship, I like him for not being kedekut ilmu, for being patience towards my perangai, for being frank in giving advices, very polite (unlike budak2 lelaki lain), and the best part is he is VERY GOOD in programming!. Selain awal2 dah booked him as my group mate in whatever assignment, I usually tried to seat somewhere near or at least betul2 belakang him at the lab so that I can peak his monitor, copying his coding! Hahahahahaha. If we were not in the same group, I will always ask him to help and ngendeng2 to see his coding yang cangih-canggih. Oh, I miss those days.

But look at him now. Metrosexually handsome, traveling here and there. Those two pictures he send me through emails somewhere last year, telling me his wonderful life and all.

Top Left : Zuki di German? ye kot, lupa la, Hong Kong, Japan showing mount Fuji

And last May ketemu dia. During Samsung Challenge 2007, Pyramid Megalane. Masih cun, masih ramah, masih ketawa begitu, and masih bujang!

Iman kagum ngan handphone canggih Zuki

Satu ayat dia : Macam tak percaya kau dah ada anak Dd!

Ye la…knowing me dulu-dulu kan…

2 comments:

Tukang Campak said...

auww...sungguh daku tidak percaya...adakah itu kau zuki ???

Who would have believed that's our genius zuki, the one with 'that glasses'. Yes, he's such a good guy.

azura ahmad samsudin said...

aku sempat team dengan zuki masa kat kementerian. bila kau tanya kenapa join gomen, dia ckp kementerian pendidikan nie skop kerja dia mencabar!!!!!