Sunday, September 16, 2007

Shopaholic & Sister

I might be terlambat, as millions have posted their review about this book which have been on our bookstores ages ago! But who cares?! I’m a busy Mummy!

I must say, emm..not as I aspected, ceritanya simple, but very entertaining, easy reading, brilliant light hearted read! This is the fourth in the series. You don't have to have read the other 3 which I haven’t, but it would give you a sense of knowledge of the characters. I can easily relate my life to this book, a tiny shopping problem known as retail therapy!.

Becky is charmingly silly, in debt, kuat berangan, but at least she has a wealthy man to pay off her credit cards.*Life just isn't fair sometimes*. Coming back from 10-months-tour-around-the-world-honeymoon instead to surprise her family and friends, things go another way round. Her best friend Suze got a new best friend which she hates, found out that she actually got a step sister Jess! Can Jess replace Suze?. I wouldn’t tell the details, will let you find out what this Becky got to offer you. And oh, she is also in a mess, damages from honeymoon’s shopping!!
  • I didn’t buy this book though, I borrowed it from the library. My office library, and why didn’t anyone ever tell me they have this kind of books before? Sebenarnya terpanggil untuk ke sana sebab Chenta already bought his materials for our Lepak Di KK. Dek jealous and tak sempat dah nak ke kedai buku, daku saja lah ke library kot2 ada yg menarik. (menghilangkan ngantuk tahap gaban sebenarnya waktu itu). Sempat menjeling counter ada sorang awek tgh pinjam buku…OMG…is it Shopaholic?. Terus daku ke penjuru kategori UMUM- ya fuan-fuan, buku2 selain buku T*X atau buku-buku ilmiah adalah buku umum. And it was my lucky day! So Zie, nampaknya shopping buku kita akan lebih kepada buku Iman or Abah or yg tak de di library sini…ahaks!. See, daku terus jadi mcm Jess! And I managed to finish it even before we go to KK!, I told you it was easy reading!. Daku yang membaca ala-ala baca dialog dgn intonasi yang betul sambil membayangkan tempat kejadian pon boleh habis cepat!. Eh, library tutup pukul berapa?

No comments: