Monday, August 27, 2007

Main Masak-masak – Orea Cheese Cake Mama Sarah

Ingredients:
  • 50 oreo chocolate sandwich cookies
  • 1/2 stick butter, melted
  • 4 pkg (8oz. each) philadelphia cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 eggs

Direction:

  1. Chop 30 of the cookies until finely hancur.
  2. Add butter; mix well.
  3. Press onto bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan. Refigerate.
  4. Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
  5. Add eggs; mix just until blended.
  6. Chop remaining 20 cookies. Gently stir 1-1/2 cups of the chopped cookies into cream cheese batter. Pour over crust; sprinkle with remaining chopped cookies.
  7. Bake at 180 C for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.

ada sedikit hangus...hehehe

Notes:

  • I made using only half of the recipe.
  • I toss away the cookie’s sandwich as to lessen the sweetness of the cake.
  • I burnt the sprinkled cookies on top of the cake on the first try. Must blame the oven setting, so I didn’t sprinkle any on the second try.
  • I added 1-2 tsp of lemon juice.

Thank you Mama Sarah for this super easy and yummy cheese cake!

I prefer recipe which the measurement is measured by cup. Easy, and less baking wares are used. I don’t have proper weighing scale at the moment, just a cheap plastic scale from Tesco which Iman love to play with. Dia nak duduk atas scale tu boleh? When can I get the digital one?

3 comments:

Ajzie said...

mamasarah aka nisak ker? di pondok2 ada resipi ini yea? saya tak perasan pula.. wahhhhhh nak cuba juga nanti...

ikan said...

ya...i actually call her K'ron. she is my schoolmate zaman mrsm dulu...
rindu kan update dia....

Anonymous said...

You write very well.